Street Notes Mentor Profiles
Sydney based cellist, Jack Ward is regularly engaged as a performer with major arts organisations and productions throughout Australia. He enjoys a versatile career having performed with the Australian and Melbourne Chamber Orchestras and the symphony and opera/ballet orchestras, and major commercial productions throughout the country.
Dr Alison Evans
Dr Alison Evans is a bassoonist, teacher and researcher. Alison studied bassoon at the Queensland Conservatorium and the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. She completed her PhD at the Sydney School of Public Health, the University of Sydney in 2014.
Claire Howard Race
Claire Howard Race obtained First Class Honours and the University Medal from Newcastle Conservatorium, NSW, before continuing her postgraduate piano accompaniment studies at the Canberra School of Music and the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow with John Thwaites, where she was awarded the Broadwood Junior Piano Accompanist Fellowship.
Annabelle Drumm has had a long career working out front and behind the scenes of Media and Entertainment.
- 9 years as a professional Performer (MC, actor, dancer, choreographer) working mostly in theatre, film and corporate events. (She never had to wait tables in all these years.)
- 6 years Artistic Director of a self sustaining professional Dance Company
- 15 years Managing Director of a Performers’ Booking Agency representing Performers across Australia and New Zealand
- 9 years Creative Business Coach for Entrepreneurs, Artists and creative Business owners
- 5 years up to the present as Breakfast Presenter for Fine Music 102.5FM.
- A current member of the Arts and Culture Advisory to the Inner West Council.
- E-book available on Kindle and iBooks “40 Ways to Make Your Agent Love You”.
Through many years running her booking agency Annabelle nurtured the careers of her musicians, taking their artistic ideas and making them commercially viable; boosting morale and improving their rates and conditions on the job. Most recently she’s started building DrummRoll.tv a showcase for Digital concerts across the world to support professional Performers. Also DrummRoll Backstage, a subscriber based site as a nurturing space for up and coming Performers to learn the tricks of the trade with advice from top professional Artists.
Annabelle is passionate about helping Artists become independent, resilient and thriving using multiple streams of income to stabilise the ups and downs of Show Business.