Dear Penrith Con family,
We are very excited to announce that Penrith Conservatorium will return to face-to-face teaching in Term 3, starting 20 July 2020.
At this stage, not all tutors will be returning to face-to-face teaching. Some tutors, due to their individual circumstances, will continue with online lessons only, whereas some tutors are offering both online and face to face teaching options. Your tutor will be in touch over the next couple of days to confirm the necessary details with you. If you still wish to continue with online lessons, please confirm this with your tutor when they contact you.
To ensure the safety of our tutors and students, a COVID-Safe Plan has been drawn up. This plan ensures our tutors and venue staff provide the safest environment for everybody.
We have summarised the main points:
Venue Capacity Limits
- Each studio will be restricted to students and tutors only.
- Restrictions will be implemented in our waiting areas too. We request that waiting areas are reserved only for students waiting for their lesson to commence. If parents need to be on premises during a lesson, we ask that they wait in the Atrium Foyer on ground level. Students should only enter the building just before their lesson.
- Where necessary, Voice, Woodwind and Brass tutors will be allocated larger rooms to enable us to keep a 3-metre distance. Voice students and tutors will be asked to sing away from each other e.g. facing the wall.
- Please maintain a safe distance within the studios between tutor and student
Keeping Penrith Con COVID-Safe
- It is imperative that if you are unwell or experiencing symptoms such as cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever, that you stay at home. Please do not enter the building if you have been overseas in the last month, if you are awaiting test results of COVID-19 or have been in close contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19. This applies to all staff, students and parents/carers. Students will be refused a lesson if they answer yes to any of the above screening questions each week. Our terms and conditions of enrolment have also been updated to reflect this – in enrolling you are committing to maintaining these conditions throughout the term.
- Should you at any stage this term, develop symptoms or receive a positive result for COVID-19 test, please contact Penrith Con Management immediately, and complete the Covid-19 Case Reporting form HERE.
- Our tutors will be more flexible for the remainder of this year regarding catching up on missed lessons. Online lessons are still being offered from some teachers as an alternative to lessons that cannot be attended in person.
- Everyone entering the building MUST use the hand sanitiser provided before and after each lesson, as well as any time they enter or leave the building.
- Tutors will use disinfecting wipes to sanitise all equipment before and after each lesson.
- We strongly advise students against the use of public transport when traveling to Penrith Con.
Please note that The Joan will only be open for our education programs in Term 3 during the following hours:
- 2pm-9pm Weekdays
- 9am-2pm Saturdays
The Joan’s Box Office remains closed until our theatres can re-open and so there will be no cash handling on site. Our preferred method of payment is by direct deposit or credit card over the phone during the above opening hours.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (02) 4723 7611 or email email@example.com
You can also read our full COVID Safety Plan HERE.