Saturday 10:15am Funky Monkeys (3-5yrs)
Uptown Funk for Preschoolers
Our Funky Monkeys class allows your preschooler to utilise their natural curiosities to explore the world of music. Through imaginative play and active listening, your funky monkey will be introduced to more complex music concepts and forms which consequently will build on their learning.
Your child will also be introduced to language, letters, phonics and numbers and how they are applied in the context of music. With a strong school readiness focus, the activities have a strong peer to peer element and group setting.
Schedule: Saturdays 10.15am (40 minute classes) – Please call 02 4723 7611 for mid-term enrolments.
Music concepts: further development
– Italian words and meanings
– notation: pitch and rhythm
– development of singing and instrument play
– creative expression and application
– music structures and form introduction
– exposure to a wide variety of genres
Problem-solving, the introduction of critical thinking, pattern recognition
– counting and basic maths structures in music
Language and reading development: (school readiness)
– expressing one’s ideas, thoughts and feelings
– letters, phonics, 2-3 letter words
– story structures
Social development: (school readiness)
– confidence-building and self-awareness
– engaging respectfully with peers
– cooperative teamwork
– awaiting one’s turn
– respectful hand raising
About the Tutor:
Clare began her own musical education at age of 5 at The Joan and is very excited to be teaching the new toddler program at the centre. Currently, with a Bachelor of Music from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Clare has studied both the Orff and Kodály methods in music education, as well as vocal pedagogy. Putting these techniques into practice, each class through singing, moving, actions and instrument play, classes concentrate on developing each child’s musical understanding, confidence, imagination, and creativity. Clare is passionate about all genres of music and has great enthusiasm when it comes to introducing music to young people.