Penrith Conservatorium Annual Concert 2019
Round off the year with us on a musical high!
See Penrith Con’s best of the best take the stage. Featuring performances by:
- 2019 Scholarship Recipients
- High Street Broadway
- Pop Vox
- Penrith Strings
- Inspire Choir
The inaugural Silvy Medal presentation
With a special performance by the recipient
The Silvy Medal is a new student award honours the work of Valda Silvy, OAM, who has been instrumental and highly influential in shaping the musical landscape of Western Sydney, and in particular the Penrith region. She has been a tireless champion of young emerging artists and composers and has the respect and admiration of all in the music industry. She has made many great contributions to music in Western Sydney, including founding the Penrith Conservatorium of Music almost 30 years ago.
The Silvy Medal acknowledges the tireless efforts of Valda Silvy and recognizes the musical potential and dedication of one emerging musician at Penrith Conservatorium. This medal is an encouragement award for excellence for any student (no age restriction), nominated by the tutor, who they believe is deserving and will benefit from the recognition and the prizes of the concerts included in this medal.
THE PRIZES IN THE SILVY MEDAL INCLUDE:
- Double passes to an Australian Brandenburg Orchestra concert
- Double passes to a Sydney Symphony Orchestra concert
- Double passes to an Andrew McKinnon production
- Double passes to a performance at The Joan
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATIONS:
- Se a current Penrith Conservatorium student
- The student is nominated by their teacher (Penrith Conservatorium teacher only)
- The nominated student must have completed at least one full year of individual tuition at Penrith Conservatorium
- Open to all ages (no limit)
- Must be available to perform at the Conservatorium Concert, Thursday, Dec 12 (the winner will be notified by Friday 22 November and will perform 1 piece at the concert at which the medal will be presented)