La La Lambs (1.5-3yrs)
Hear ye, hear ye! Make way for “Terrific Twos”!
TERM 4 ENROLMENTS ARE NOW OPEN!
Through instrument play, singing and dancing, the La La Lambs class, concentrates on the development of language, rhythm and motor skills of your little one. Using wordplay, rhyme and song, your lamb will love the age-appropriate finger coordination activities, instrument play and story time in line with a strong focus on basic rhythmic concepts.
Using the best of both traditional and cutting edge music education methods, your terrific two or three years old (or almost two!) will enjoy the collaborative activities with you, and best of all, sing, play and laugh!
- Tuesdays 9:30am (40 minute classes)
- Saturdays 9:30am (40 minute classes)
- Wednesdays 9:30am (40 minute classes)
Basic music concepts:
– introduction of Italian words
– basic music symbols
– rhythmic values, beat and pulse
– tapping and instrument play
– imitative singing and pitch differentiation
– social graces in group setting environment
– self awareness
– sharing and interaction
– speech development
– rhyme and syntax
– rhythm and flow
– story time responsiveness
Fine and gross motor skills development:
– music associated movement
– balance and coordination of limbs
– finger control development
About the Tutor:
Clare began her own musical education at age of 5 at The Joan, and is very excited to be teaching the new toddler program at the centre. Currently with a Bachelor of Music from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Clare has studied both the Orff and Kodály methods in music education, as well as vocal pedagogy. Putting these techniques into practice each class through singing, moving, actions and instrument play, classes concentrate on developing each child’s musical understanding, confidence, imagination, and creativity. Clare is passionate about all genres of music and has great enthusiasm when it comes to introducing music to young people.