Group Keyboard Lessons (K-2)
Group Keyboard Classes for Young Beginners (K-Yr 2)
Term 2 enrolments now open!
For young beginners with no experience, learn the basics of the keyboard.
Along with being introduced to the instrument, students will also learn music theory, aural, rhythm, and general music skills as a part of this class as they enjoy peer learning.
- Music introduction
- Singing, rhythm, music concepts
- Introduction to the instrument
- Music theory and music reading
- Aural, rhythm, and notation
Cost: $180 (Includes a Piano Method book and other resources)
Recommended ages (but not limited to): 5-8 (Yrs K-2)
Level A (beginners): 8 week classes
For absolute beginners with no experience! Learn the basics with letter names, learning to coordinate one hand after another. You’ll be introduced to basic notation rhythms, letter names of the keyboard, a few Italian words and rhythmic patterns. After one term of this class, you will be ready to move onto Level B (Continuers) or move onto individual tuition.
- Tuesdays 5pm (45min class): 4 May-22 Jun / 27 Jul-14 Sep / 19 Oct-7 Dec
- Fridays 5pm (45min class): 7 May-25 Jun / 30 Jul-17 Sep / 22 Oct-10 Dec
Level B (Continuers): 8 week classes
For students continuing on from Level A, participants will be introduced to the stave, writing and reading notation. Upon completion of this course, participants will be ready to commence individual tuition.
- Fridays 4:00 pm (45min class): 7 May-25 Jun / 30 Jul-17 Sep / 22 Oct-10 Dec
2021 Course Dates
(Mid-term enrolments welcome)
- Term 1: 5 February to 26 March (8 weeks)
- Term 2: 4 May to 25 June (8 weeks)
- Term 3: 30 July to 17 September (8 weeks)
- Term 4: 22 October – 10 December (8 weeks)